Hello friends, how body? I believe you have been doing well in this our Buhari economy. It’s like everything around us in Nigeria at a time like this has something to do with Buhari. But, you know what, pals? This too shall pass. How long it will take is what we may not know but it is a certainty that we’ll get past this period. Victorious and still living, of course. Don't lose your enthusiasm.

So I started a post on my top ten list of most impactful Christian and self-development books last week. In this week’s post, I’ll be giving the remaining five. I hope the list pushes you to read (if you have not read any or some of them) and read some more (if you have read all ten already). 

#6  The Law of Recognition by Mike Murdock

This is my first Murdock book and I have not yet recovered from it. I referred to it in my ‘Boosting your Self Image’ post.

In the Law of Recognition, you find laws that can help you recognise things as the voice of the Holy Spirit, an uncommon mentor, a God-inspired idea, your assignment, your dominant weakness and a whole lot of other important things.  It is not a fat book but it’s got thirty one chapters.

I think it should be read more than twice. I have only had one read by the way.

#7 Point Man by Steve Farrar

Yes, I am a Steve Farrar person! I remember being called point man by a friend of mine while I read this book. There was this feeling of manly pride that broke out from within whenever she called me that. God is actually, through Farrar, raising a generation of point men.

Like some of the books I read that season, Farrar pushed me to study the Word and pray more and also to be more accountable. I love the part where he refers to his being raised by an oak of righteousness, his dad. How I desire to be that kind of parent to my kids!
I still have a chapter left unread though situations have thrown me into the book a couple of times. I hope to read that chapter soon. It must be said, however, that Point Man should be read by not just men…

#8 Battlefield of the Mind by Joyce Meyer

Two things about Joyce Meyer I like. One, sincerity. She’s open enough to share her own experiences, struggles and even more.

Two, simplicity.

Battlefield of the Mind is one book that will help you understand the power God has imbued in our minds and most importantly, the fact that our minds need to be aligned to scriptures if we must be fruitful at all.

I should add that you can’t be a slow reader when reading Meyer.

#9 The Principles and Power of Vision by Dr. Myles Munroe

Deep insights into the mystery that vision is are what this book contains. So many points need to be read and re-read and re-re-read… It is one of the books I think should be read early enough in life.


#10 The Final Quest by Rick Joyner

This is what I am reading now and (God!) what we have therein is mind-blowing. I learnt it is one of the books in a series. I’ll definitely get the remaining books when next I am stocking. This is a must-get book for a child of God. It is a book that recounts some visions the author had. As much as it revolves around the life eternal, it addresses in clear terms, issues that pertain to living right while we remain on this terrestrial ball.  


***


I look forward to hearing for you in the comments section. Thanks for reading and do enjoy the rest of the week. Keep reading!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About this blog

Of literature 'n' living. Me too. *winks*

Popular Posts

Follow me on Twitter

See What I'm Reading

See What I'm Reading

Featured Post

Between Death and 'I'

For Mummy EOO I His grandfather. It dawned on him that he wouldn’t want to be like the old man, as rich as he was. The name ...

Oyebanji Ayodele. Powered by Blogger.